Vision for the Park 101 District
The project team has subdivided the greater PARK 101 District into three sub-districts: the Park, the Station, and the River. The feasibility study has focused on illustrative phasing for the Park sub-district in order to provide details on specific design opportunities, costs, and economic benefits resulting from development and implementation.
Upon the analysis of existing urban conditions, a number of key guiding ideas or design principles have emerged to shape the plan and development recommendations for the area.
- Consolidate on/off ramps at the east and west ends of the Park.
- Maximize the value of underutilized parcels.
- Create a recognizable cultural public realm.
- Integrate land uses throughout.
- Create a single development entity.
- Create a singularly unique urban district.
- Capture a significant portion of the citys growth.
- Maximize the development potential and revenues.
Historic Los Angeles Photo : Pre 101 Freeway
The creation of the 101 Fwy has created a scar through downtown's historic and civic core. Prior to the construction of the 101 Fwy, El Pueblo and the civic core was once connected with busy streets and a friendly pedestrian environment.